What are School Zones?
What is Whitney Street School's Zone?
Click here for the interactive website that may give you a clearer view. You will need to search for Whitney Street School on the left. More details are below this image.
Whitney Street School (3071)
Effective from 7 November 2016
The guidelines for development and operation of enrolment schemes are issued under section 11G (3) of the Education Act 1989 for the purpose of describing the basis on which the Secretarys powers in relation to enrolment schemes will be exercised.
All students who live within the home zone described below (and shown on the attached map) shall be eligible to enrol at the school.
The Enrolment Scheme takes addresses on both sides of the boundary roads mentioned in the description unless otherwise mentioned.
Starting from the Main Street Symons Street roundabout, the home zone follows;
- West on Main Street until Market Street
- North on Market Street until Charles Street
- West on Charles Street until Lee Street
- Jumps across from the end of Charles Street until the Taylor River
- South along the Eastern bank of the Taylor River until the Yelverton Stream
- East along the Yelverton Stream until Doctors Creek
- South along the Southern bank of Doctors Creek until Battys Road
- South along Battys Road until New Renwick Road
- West on the South side of New Renwick Road until Aerodrome Road
- South on the Eastern side Aerodrome Road until Rosana Corlett Drive
- From the end of Rosana Corlett Drive crosses over East until the Taylor River
- North-East along the Taylor River until New Renwick Road
- East on the Northern side of New Renwick Road until Maxwell Road
- North-East on Maxwell Road until Litchfield Street
- East on the Northern side of Litchfield Street until Weld Street
- North on Weld Street until Muller Road (including Houghton Crescent)
- East on Muller Road until Scott Street
- South on Scott Street until Ida Street
- East on the Northern side of Ida Street until Redwood Street
- North on Redwood Street until Muller Road (including Easthaven Place and Karakeke Place)
- East on Muller Road until Houldsworth Street (including to the end of Muller Road and Logan Place)
- North on Houldsworth Street until The Railway line (including Glover Crescent and Park View Lane)
- North-West along the Southern side of the Railway line until its intersection with Main Street
- East on Main Street until the Symons Street Main Street Roundabout
This priority category is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a Special programme approved by the Secretary.
Out of Zone Enrolments
Each year the Board of Trustees will determine the number of places which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The Board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.
Applications for enrolments will be processed in the following order of priority:
This priority is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary for Education.
will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
will be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
will be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
will be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth or fifth priority groups than there are places available, Selection within the priority group will be by ballot conducted in accordance with instructions by the
Secretary. Under Section 11G (1) on the Education Act 1989. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.
Applicants seeking second or third priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship.